LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touchscreen: Button released but still remains highlighted

Hi,

if I click the button with my mouse, it works perfect. But if I use the touchscreen, then the button released correctly, but it still remains highlighted. Only if I touch next to the button somewhere on the frontpanel, then the button returns to normal appearance.

latchwhenreleased.JPG

Is it possible to change the appearance programmatically after an event structure?

Note: I use a loop with en event structure to read out the "event" of the button.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,357 Views)

As i already told you here, you have to move the button terminal into its appropriate event case.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,336 Views)

I know, but it has no effect. The pc is in "tablet mode". The appearence of the button changes back if I touch next on front panel somewhere.

Maybe, its more a problem of windows 10?!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,317 Views)

Is it possible that with "highlighted" you refer to "key focus"?

If so, you can add code to remove the key focus from the button in the event case.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,301 Views)

Did you ever find an answer to this issue?

For further information, I find this issue is a little different on some touchscreen PCs.

For example, on a Surface the button remains highlighted and the appearance changes back after a touch somewhere else (as you've described). On a Lenovo Miix the button remains highlighted and cannot change back (leading to pretty much every button ending up highlighted after a few minutes of use.

I suspect this difference is to do with the way in which touch input is converted into regular mouse input by the device driver

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,786 Views)