LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top VI still referencing renamed sub-VI

I have a top-level VI (I_PI_MSL.vi) which is runnable. It currently references a sub-VI named MSL_DISPLAY.vi. In an earlier revision of the source code base, MSL_DISPLAY.vi was named MS_DISPLAY.vi.

When loading I_PI_MSL.vi into LabVIEW 6.0.2, it stops and prompts for the non-existent MS_DISPLAY.vi--I press cancel to bypass this VI and it goes on, ultimately leaving me with a still runnable I_PI_MSL.vi.

MS_DISPLAY.vi is not referenced anywhere in the I_PI_MSL.vi diagram or front panel (using the search function to check).

However I can hexedit the file and find that name string.

Have tried saving the source-code base back to version 5.x and reconverted it to clean up this item.

Have gone back to the original cod
e-base, copied MS_DISPLAY.vi to MSL_DISPLAY.vi, and then replaced it on the diagram with the same result.

Something is out of kilter with the original I_PI_MSL.vi. Any alternative suggestions for repair?

Can post sources if you have suggestions but need to take a look, but is multimegabytes.

Regards,
David Fackler
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,097 Views)
David,
Did you try and save this VI as a .llb? You can go in File-and then save with options-choose custom save and then save the vi in a new location wherever you want it to be. You can then go in the VI menu and Edit the VI and mark the VI that you need to be on the top level.
THe save with options-custom save saves all the vis in a new library with the same name as your VI and then no more searches for the VI included in the library.

Hope this helps.
Good Luck.
Pari.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,097 Views)