LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Level VI could not be opened

Hello.

I've got a problem building an application from my VI. I have a project consisting of a few classes. Lets call the main class TEST1. I can make different tests using the TEST1 members, create exe files and run them on different PCs in our LAB. I decided to make a new branch from my TEST1 class. I created a copy of this class say TEST2 in the same project, changed class members and the main test VI as I wanted. It works well if start it from labview. But when I created and exe file and tried to run it i got a message:"Top level VI(s) could not be opened". OK! I made very simple VI (member of my Test class) with just a while loop and a button, created exe and got the same message.

Does anybody know what should I check to find a problem? I can easily create new VIs in TEST1 class, make exe file and everything works, but I can not run exe files built from TEST2 VIs.

One more. When I made a simple VI with just a while loop I found that output  folder contains not only simple exe file but all VIs and dlls which are used by the other TEST2 class members. Is this normal?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,731 Views)
I get this error when I accidently click "Add Dynamic VI" instead of "Add Top Level VI" in the application builder.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,586 Views)

I had a similar problem with LabVIEW 2019. I created a new build script with the same settings. It worked with that.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(200 Views)