From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tons of niZeroconfService Event errors in Windows Event Log for "Client application bug: DNSServiceResolve"

I'm seeing numerous Event Log entries in the Windows Application event log for this error:

Source: niZeroconfService

Event ID: 100

The description for Event ID 100 from source niZeroconfService cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Client application bug: DNSServiceResolve(NI\032cDAQ-9188\03201A78561._ni._tcp.local.) active for over two minutes. This places considerable burden on the network.

The specified resource type cannot be found in the image file

As my system uses Ethernet cDAQs, I don't want to "place considerable burden on the network" if I can avoid it.  What can be done to fix this? Is it outside of LabVIEW?

The machine is running an app compiled under LV 2019SP1-x64 on Windows 10 Enterprise v 1809, and uses multiple cDAQ-9188 chassis.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,348 Views)

I realize this is an old thread but there is very little on this elsewhere. I am having this issue as well. What did you do to fix it? I'm running LV 2017.

^TeraTech.

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Check out this lengthy post of mostly complaints)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,494 Views)