LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toggle Digital Ports on NI USB-6008

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to build a program in LabView that will allow me to toggle digital ports 0 thru 7 on and off so I can try to troubleshoot my system (each port has its own toggle switch in the program). Can I do this in one program or will I need to have sub programs. The guy who made the original programs seems to have used lots of small sub programs that are hard to follow and just to make things interesting, he didn’t leave all the source files. I tried looking in the NI user community section, but I don’t have sound so the video I found was not very helpful. If you could direct me to a written tutorial or example that would be very helpful. I am using LabView 2010 Ver.10.0 (32 bit).

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,174 Views)

By "sub programs" I'm assuming you are referring to subVIs. Control of the USB-6008 is done via DAQmx. When you install DAQmx a plethora of examples are installed, which you can find via the Help -> Find Examples menu item. Then select "Hardware Input and Output -> DAQmx  -> Digital Generation". You can also use Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX) to open a test panel to your USB-6008 and toggle the lines that way. Installation of LabVIEW and DAQmx should have created a shortcut to MAX on your desktop. If it's not there you can find it from the programs listing menu on your OS. You may also wish to start here: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5434

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,163 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author 73capri

I got a book called "LabVIEW for Scientists and Engineers" by John Essick that explained what I needed to know.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,110 Views)