LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To set a flag to check if the time is up after a person has loged into a system

I want to  set a flag against a person when his time is up after he has logged onto a system. The reason for these is to reset his time to zero and sent him an email. The clock will then again be set at the start time for this person if he remains logged into the system. If he is logged out then the clock stops until he logs in again.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,066 Views)
What kind of system login are you talking about? Is it the network login from a pc, a connection to a remote panel? If it's a remote panel, then there is a property called RemotePanel:Connection to Clients. It will return an array of clusters that includes UserName, Status (viewing, waiting for control, controlling), Create Time, and Status Time (when the client changed to it's current status).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,051 Views)

Hi

It is an labview application on a PC controling a fridge. If a person puts a item into the fridge longer then it should be there the person is send an email.

I have got to the stage where the person can log in but once the time has expired I am havinging trouble setting the persons time back to zero. and taking him off the list

Hope this is of more help

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,044 Views)
Okay. That's a bit different than what I thought you wanted. You might want to create an array of clusters. In the cluster would be name, email, start time, status, etc. As each new user logs in, create a new element in the array. Keep the array in a shift register. As you keep monitoring the status in a while loop, when the current time minus the start time exceeds your limit, send the email and delete the element from the array or rewrite the values of the cluster.
Message 4 of 9
(3,039 Views)
Hi Denis

That is just what I am looking for.

I am very new to labview programming hence I would appreciate if you could attach an example vi that  you may have come accross that would be able do  this.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,030 Views)
Here's something quick and dirty. I didn't put in the email functions or make it too fancy. I hope it helps.
Message 6 of 9
(3,017 Views)

Hello Dennis,

I appreciate the trouble you went to get the example for me. At present I cannot run the example has the version of labview I have is 7.0 and the example is done in 7.1.

Is there a way of converting it to 7.0 so I can run it in my version of labview.

Thanks again

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,011 Views)

Every version of LabVIEW can only save one version back.
This means that if you have 7.1, you can only save back to 7.0 and so on.
You can do this by selecting File>>Save With Options>>Save For Previous.

Here's Dennis's VI in 7.0.

To learn more about LabVIEW, I suggest you try searching this site and google for LabVIEW tutorials. Here and here are a couple you can start with. You can also contact your local NI office and join one of their courses.
In addition, I suggest you read the LabVIEW style guide and the LabVIEW user manual (Help>>Search the LabVIEW Bookshelf).

Thanks for your advice and useful tutorial links
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,945 Views)