From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To more specific class: all return error after upgrade from LV2011 to 2012

I have working projects/executables built in labview 2011. When loading the exact same project in 2012 EVERY 'to more specific class' returns an error.

For example, making a generic control reference into a 'numeric'.

Redoing the exact same action makes no difference. What has changed in LV2012?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,402 Views)

Can you post an example VI containing such code? Please post the original 2011 code.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,401 Views)

Hello,

Thanks for your posting here. To help you further, I need a screenshot of the error and the steps to reproduce this problem.

You can give your example to me to which I can see the same behavior whit it.

Kind regards,

Hossein

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,366 Views)

Hi there,

i know this is a really old thread - but was there any solution? I upgraded from LV2011 to 2018 and have an issue on the To more specific class. Seems to be a change deeply inside but i cannot find any references to that.

kind regards

gibbi

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,791 Views)

Since you clearly read the earlier threads, you must have noted the request to provide LabVIEW code (meaning a file whose extension is .VI).  It helps to provide enough so we can "reproduce the error" -- if we don't know what is wrong, it is difficult to help you fix it.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,780 Views)

Dear Bob,

thanks for your reply. My hope was, that the initial creator of this thread may post his solution. Often you find your solution on your own, and do not feed it back into the community. If you're searching for a deep deep bug in a complex system, you'll clutch at any straw that is near the issue. So probably the problem of the creator is not exactly my current issue - but reading about his solution can bring me up to other ideas where to search.

Thanks for your effort.

Gibbi

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,764 Views)

Are these standard LabVIEW classes or are these classes you've implemented yourself?

If so, have you checked the correct inheritance of these classes?

Can you cast the class into an LabVIEW Object and cast it back to your class?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,756 Views)