LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To More Specific Class --> error 1448 when loading from LVLIBP

Sorry to hear. In our case it turned out to be a mistake we were making. Fixed now.

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(1,293 Views)

What was your mistake at that time?

I am running in the exact same problem. maybe there is a very simple explaination.

I have no root, I have a superuser!
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(1,192 Views)

I must admit I'm in a bit of pre-christmas dementia what the exact issue and application was....

From what I have learned about PPLs in the meantime, I do assume the problem back then was propably a name-space issue... using ppls do change the name space. This means that for the compiler MyClass.lvlib is completely different to MyClass.lvlib class within a PPL.

So maybe that's why it failed.

But, as stated above... I really can't remeber exactly Smiley Embarassed

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(1,184 Views)

got it.

It is a namespace problem.

Leaving the parentclass in the main application is not an option. I build the parentclass and the childclass into packed libs and am loading both classes from the packed lib.

In the packed library the parentlib will always appear as an dependence, which I think is a useful feature.

Doing this the parent class always fits to the childclass created, and you do not run into problems which different parent classes in different versions.

Thanks a lot anyway for your help!

I have no root, I have a superuser!
Message 14 of 17
(1,175 Views)

You're welcome, glad you solved it

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(1,168 Views)

The title says "to More Specific Class". The text for problem description says "to More generic Class". It is confusing!

BTW, After years, I had thought LabVIEW has duplicated enough OOP features from .net language.. Apparently, NI did a lousy job.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(602 Views)

@Charlie2021 wrote:

The title says "to More Specific Class". The text for problem description says "to More generic Class". It is confusing!

BTW, After years, I had thought LabVIEW has duplicated enough OOP features from .net language.. Apparently, NI did a lousy job.

LabVIEW was never meant to copy .Net but implement its own OOP in a way that was feasible inside LabVIEW. .Net is simply one way of doing OOP, and by far not the best one.

If anyone copied anyone it was C# copying Java, because Microsoft did not get along with Sun Microsystems. They have diverged now a bit but in the beginning C# and by extension much of .Net OOP was almost a bit for bit copy of Java under a different name and icon.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 17 of 17
(599 Views)