From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title in the "Write to Measurement File"

i have a Write to Measurement file in my labview , it reads out the data and come up to a .lvm , i can read it by txt

but now a new problem occurs to me :

how can i change the title ?

X_Value Untitled   Untitled 1          Untitled 2        Untitled 3          Comment
0.000000             135.460000     135.210000    135.390000    1.37700

change the X_Value Untitled into time and also the Comment into current?

anyone can help me?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(5,273 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(5,270 Views)

the example is helpful , but my version is labview 8.6 ,so do you have any idea?

thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(5,215 Views)

Measurement.PNG

But you have screen shot too right?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(5,213 Views)
I have the "Write to Measurement File"component , but in the 8.6version , I didnt find set dynamic component , so that i cannot change the name of it.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(5,195 Views)
I do not have the block "Set Dynamic Attribute Express Vi" in my labview which version is 8.6 , so where can i upgrade it or any other blocks may help me to solve the name-changing problem
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(5,174 Views)

Dear xyq102296,

this express VI is rather new, please find an example based on the waveform attribute function (saved in 8.6); the express VI in question is based on these VI's.

Please let me know if you have any further questions,

Best regards,

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(5,142 Views)

the block in the example.vi is set waveform attribute which I already have in the labview 8.6 , in labview 2009, it seems that I can change the name through a block named "set dynamic attribute"

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(5,124 Views)

I have installed the labview 2009 evalution version , so I have found the "Set Dynamic Attribute" which can change the name of title , but there comes up a new problem to me.

Before the "Set Dynamic Attribute" block, I use the "change to dynamic data"block , which inside it , I set the time start from now, and I have a for-loop outside , I can write down the data and the time interval between each loop, but when I connect the Set Dynamic Attribute to change the first column "X_Value Untitled" into "time " , after I done this , time interval changes to zero, when I change other column title and leave the first column unchanged , the loop works great and still shows me the data and the time interval I want.

can you solve it ?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(5,100 Views)
Please post your VI as you have it now so we can see for ourselves what you are talking about.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(5,069 Views)