LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timmed Event Loop

Hello all.  I am new to LabView and was hopeing someone could point me in the right direction on something I am trying to do.

What I would like to do is on the event of an input from the front panel (button click) I need to: read a value from an analog input, store that value, wait 60 seconds, read the input again, then compare the 2 values and display the difference.

All of this has to occure while running inside a while loop.

My main problem is starting the event in the loop and having it stop after 60 seconds.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,243 Views)

@MaxPowers wrote:

Hello all.  I am new to LabView and was hopeing someone could point me in the right direction on something I am trying to do.

What I would like to do is on the event of an input from the front panel (button click) I need to: read a value from an analog input, store that value, wait 60 seconds, read the input again, then compare the 2 values and display the difference.

All of this has to occure while running inside a while loop.

My main problem is starting the event in the loop and having it stop after 60 seconds.

Thanks

a simple state machine(start button,elapsed time,read value, evaluate) with elapsed timer with shift registers to hold the first,second value..then evaluate

note:timer is set to 5 secs.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,233 Views)

you might want to check the VI in attachment to get an idea.

I stored the data in a variable, you might want to consider putting it in a shift register as well if you do not need to see what the valuies are

Kind regards,

- Bjorn -

Have fun using LabVIEW... and if you like my answer, please pay me back in Kudo's 😉
LabVIEW 5.1 - LabVIEW 2012
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,227 Views)