LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timestamp of Externally Triggered Signal Using PCIe-6351

Solved!
Go to solution
Hi, I'm using a PCIe-6351 to acquire externally triggered data. My block diagram looks almost exactly like this link in section A. Posttriggered Acquisition with a Digital Start Trigger: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/4329/en As you can see it's a pretty straightforward acquisition. My trigger signal is on PFI0 and it is supposed to occur at regular intervals. However, I've begun to suspect that it varies in time. For example, if it's supposed to occur every 2 milliseconds it may vary from 1.9 to 2.1 milliseconds. Is it possible for DAQmx to record the time at which each trigger occurs? I realize that it won't be synchronized with the PC time, but as long as I can have a timestamp for each trigger I can subtract each individual time from the time of the first trigger to get the time between triggers. Thanks! Steve PS - I had posted this in the Multi-function DAQ section with no luck, so I closed out that posting.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,061 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Steve_G

Have you considered using another counter to measure period? This would be a counter mesurement but considering that you have an X-series DAQ that has 4 counters, hopefully that should be possible.

Charles Chickering
Architecture is art with rules.

...and the rules are more like guidelines
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,055 Views)

That worked perfectly.  Thanks for the great idea.

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,038 Views)