From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timestamp is lost after convertion from dynamic data

Solved!
Go to solution
Dear Community, This is my first labview aplication and my first forum post. I have a board PXI-6133 sampling signal voltage data at 100ksamples/s. I need take this signal and do this calculation. If my input is labeled as x so I need do this calculation. Y= x + j*Hilbert(x) - Equation 1 Afther that I use the block re-img to polar to take the radius. Radius from Y is the signal that I really interested, I need analyse the Radius Y frequency spectrum. However Labview don't allow me to send dynamic data as input for equation 1 and this is creating issues for me. I tried use a 'Convert from Dynamic Data' - 1Daaray of scalars - single channel (I circle this at picture), however didn't work very well. Afther this conversion the Y data wasn't changed, but the X data lost all the time information(take a look at figure). And my spectrum analysis become very wrong without the correct time for data. Someone have some kind of tip to allow me do the equation 1 without lose my timestamp?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,663 Views)
I don't know the reason for my attached file don't appear. My image with my labview code is hosted at this url http://www.image-share.com/ijpg-3434-296.html
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,651 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rodrigopereira

Please do not send pictures of a section of code.  Attach the VI (or, better, if this is in a LabVIEW Project, compress the Project's folder and attach the resulting .zip file).

Dynamic Wires are (perhaps) OK for very simple things, but as you are discovering, they hide a multitude of difficulties.  To do sophisticated things, it helps to know at least the LabVIEW Basics (maybe have some LabVIEW experience) and to avoid "short-cuts" such as Express VIs and Dynamic Wires.

Bob Schor

Message 3 of 5
(2,627 Views)

Thanks Bob. I`ll study other ways to acquire my signal. This article sounds a good start http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/2835/en/

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,587 Views)

Yes, that's an excellent White Paper.  In fact, when I first read it was when I first began to really understand DAQmx.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,574 Views)