From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeout in middle of the test - Hex 0xBFFF0015

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

PC with Window 7 and GPIB-USB-HS to GT9000s (Gigatronics Signal Generator) are used for the test. The program is used to change the setup and do some local process then change the setup again - power/frequency/PM. It always stops after around one and half hours operating - aroun d 800 times talk to the device.

From some website, it is mentioned that the fast PC with slow device causing it. Some suggested to change the rate - I am not sure how to change the rate.

Any suggestion for solving it?

Thanks,

Ott

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,380 Views)

Can you post the code?

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,366 Views)

Here you are... Here is the code with a loop keep changing the parameters.

Thanks,

Ott

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,362 Views)

There are no loops. You said after about 800 iterations. You are not using run continuously are you? But probably this is a subVI that is being called in a loop?

Generaly you open and configure outside of a loop, execute some commands inside of a loop, and close the device after the loop executes. You would typically do this using a state machine with an open, execute and close state.

But sometimes serial devices can just be finicky. I have one that just times out every once in a while. What I do to fix it is check for the timeout error and try again. If there were five errors in a row then I return the error.

Edit: And if this is a subVI being called in a loop, you should get rid of the Simple Error Handler. That only belongs in top level VIs and not subVIs.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,357 Views)

Thanks for your comments. but the issue is if it happens, the only way I could talk to the device again is to power cycle it.

I don't think the loop could cause it.

Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Ott

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,351 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ott

It's resolved. I removed the turn off before set and turn on after process, and seperated the command in its individual loop instead of setting once in the inner loop.

Thanks,

Ott

Message 6 of 6
(2,333 Views)