From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timed While Loop timing problem

Question about timed loop received timing:

1st I want to have precise timing in my code.

2nd, I want to display a flickering image on monitor, but one of the images (the blank one) should be displayed in a short interval.

To have precise timing, I used timed while loop with 2 frames. The timing source is 1KHz, and the duration of entire loop is 1000 (1sec).

I set 20 msec on the input "start" of 1st frame (the blank image), and the rest of loop that is the 2nd frame (my main image) is expected to take long 980 msec.

But when I ran it, I faced with these contradictions:

1- 1st and 2nd frames duration is different (frame duration: 20 and 1 respectively), while in both of them just one image is displayed.

2- The time consumed for 1st loop is 40 msec, while I set 20 for "start" node of 2nd frame (means it should start after 20 timing source frames=20 msec from the 1st frame beginning).

3- I used timed loop to have precise timing in my code, BUT in each iteration the time elapsed in each 1st and 2nd frames are not the same as previous iterations.

What is the problem?

Thanks

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,533 Views)

What is wrong with the information from your other thread: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Timed-Loop-quot-Frame-Duration-quot-problem/m-p/3289085#M961316

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,526 Views)