From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time stamp indicator not appear the fraction of seconds precision

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to make VI that takes the date and time as an input and create a time stamp. However, the final indicator for time stamp not appear the the fraction of seconds precision.

Kindly, download the attached file for more illustration.

Best Regards 🙂

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(1,037 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Omda2022

Hi Omda,

this is your current display format setting for the timestamp:

What result do you expect for that display format?

See this simplification:

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(1,033 Views)

OK Mr. Gerdw, I understand that the setting format will display the time as HH:MM:SS format.

Any suggestions to get the time stamp in hh:mm:ss.fff  format using another method.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(1,022 Views)

GerdW already gave you a solution.

In your code you are mistakenly setting "fractional second". This value must be less than 1, not a large integer like in your vi.

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(1,001 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

See this simplification:

Either that GPS String Time is using a wrong regular expression or i'm missing something.

The regular expression that works for me is %02d%02d%f, the regular expression GerdW provided won't let me run the code due to too many arguments. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(992 Views)

Hi AeroSoul,

@AeroSoul wrote:

The regular expression that works for me is %02d%02d%f, the regular expression GerdW provided won't let me run the code due to too many arguments. 

I just included "%.;" before the "%f" to avoid problems due to different regional settings (aka point vs. comma decimal separator). That "%.;" is a common format code…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(983 Views)

Great Thanks Mr. Gerdw for your continuous support. You are helpful and generous person.

How you are strong and professional with NI community.

Thanks alot for all of you

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(951 Views)

Certainly, Mr. Gerdw give the best solution for the problem. There is another solution here: 

GPS Date-time Parser.PNG

 Best Regards 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(907 Views)