LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time stamp comparison for every day. confusion

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I am trying to compare two timestamps and then going to create a case structure, as far as simple comparison goes it seems ok and easy but actually I want to compare every day or in other words I need the VI to start the particular task every day while running at the given time which means the time will remain fix but the the value in timestamp contstant/control should change automatically to next day.

For example if I put 7-04-2011 1pm .. it just not compare for 7th April but i need it to compare everyday like 8,9,10...april as far as vi is running and every day the task should execute at 1 p.m. I hope the issue is clear and i'll get some useful suggestions.

Naqqash

Naqqash
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,726 Views)

Post your vi what you have did so far...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,723 Views)

Thanks for reply. Here it is.

Naqqash
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,715 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Naqqash

Hi Naqqash,

your type of comparison will fail on computers with other regional settings...

Better try something like that:

check.png

(German LV: Stunde=hour...)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 6
(5,707 Views)

Danke Schön. Smiley Wink  So stupid of me never thought to unbundle the time cluster anyways thanks alot. Only the top part of the program is suffiecient for comparison no need to use format string and then concetenate (might be useful for others in future).

Naqqash
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,698 Views)

This little baby is actually in my image gallery somewhere... the subject "time to time of day" comes up quite frequently.

Time of day.png

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 6 of 6
(5,665 Views)