cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time stamp and barcode into .xls spreadsheet

Solved!
Go to solution
Highlighted
Hello, I am pretty new to programming in Labview and I have a few issues I need to get worked out. I am using a "Prompt User for Input" asking for a units barcode if there is a failure. So when the message prompts I have the user scan in a barcode and this needs to be sent to a .xls file. Numbers will go into the .xls file but the barcodes I am using have dashes(-) in them and when these barcodes get scanned Labview sends a zero to the spreadsheet. If I manually send numbers they will write to the spreadsheet. I also need a timestamp of when the barcode was scanned to get written to the spreadsheet as well.  Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,590 Views)
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author Branderegg
It sounds like you should be setting the Prompt User input as a string instead of a numeric if you want to preserve the dashes. Use a Get Date/Time String function along with the prompt.
Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 05-13-2009 12:18 PM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,585 Views)
Highlighted

Dennis:

I believe you have become infected (by Express vi's, that is) 🙂

I have to be truthful, that is the one and only Express vi I have ever used.

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,555 Views)
Highlighted

To tell the truth, I've only really used the express Elapsed Time function in my programs. In this case, since the op was already using the express function, I really didn't see much reason to use anything else since the fix was just a right click option.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,549 Views)