cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time out error

Solved!
Go to solution
hi,,

I am using sql server 2000 as database. A table has some lakhs of records. while i am changing all records or altering the table,
I am receiving this error.. if u know.. please reply me...

Error Code :-      -2147217871

Error Source:-     Conn Execute.vi->Untitled 1<ERR>Exception occured in Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired in Conn Execute.vi->Untitled 1

Thanks in Advance..

Regards,

Vaira muthu

Message Edited by vaira muthu on 02-01-2008 05:21 AM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,190 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vairamuthu
Hello,

This error originates in DB Tools Execute Query.vi because the timeout period by default for the VI is 30 seconds. This is not a LabVIEW error. It is an error generated by the ODBC driver being used. This is easily overcome by increasing the timeout for the command as some queries may take longer than the default timeout period.

There are two potential solutions that have been found.
  1. Within the DB Tools Execute Query.vi, a while loop can be placed around the Invoke node for the execute method. The error response from this then needs to be monitored and the while loop condition set appropriately.

2. Increase the command timeout using the DB Tools Set Properties.vi. Set this property to a level in seconds that will not expire as a result of running the query.
Hope this helps!

Brian T
Applications Engineer
Message 2 of 4
(4,154 Views)
Thank you for your answer..

Regards

Vaira muthu
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,144 Views)

Hello Brian,

I tried to use DB Tools Set Properties VI for modifying timeout, but i am getting following error. Also attaching the LV Code.

Thank you in advance,

Midhun

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,054 Views)