From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time jumps when I use NI 9217 and the daq assistant

When I say hardware, it is your CompactDAQ hardware. So your C-modules are sitting in a chassis. The chassis can only handle one DAQ Ass. at a time for reading values.

From what I can see in the DAQ Ass. it is the same chassis you are runing both DAQ Ass. on. But it can be that LabVIEW is play a trick on me.

Can you confirm what the Physical channels for your inputs are?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(637 Views)

@ alok.p

only i can see is that if a daq ass is select it reduce the time speed because it needs time to get his values right

@dkfire

your right both c-modules are sitting in the same chassis

but how can i get the different values in one daq ass

if you see i am not an expert in labview

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(630 Views)

ok

now i check Smiley Happy how i can use one daq but with the time it is the same Smiley Sad

is this the max speed for this application 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(623 Views)

I don't understand your question.

Why are you using the Elapsed time function ?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(614 Views)

the elapsed time is to store my values and change the timedistance between the single values

if i store the values i get 10 values with the correct time distance after that the time make a jump up to 2s and store again 10 values with correct time distance. 

this happen also in my graph 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(609 Views)

The problem is the way you have setup your system.

You have asked the DAQ Ass. to get 10 values from the DAQ, sampling at 100 Hz. That will force the DAQ Ass to wait for 100 ms as the sample get ready.

So you loop will run every 100 ms.

You have also asked the Elapsed Time Express vi when 1 sec has passed. And only when that is true you log the current data from the DAQ. You will then only log the 10 current data point, NOT all data points between two logs.

But your graph should update all the time.

Could you run your vi and save the data is collects.

Message 16 of 17
(605 Views)

Hi

Thank you for your explanation

the graph don´t run fluently it has also the jumps

how can i change my setup ok i can delete the elapsed time but that is only for store my datapoints

in the attachment i only have store one pressure and one temp

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(595 Views)