LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time jumps when I use NI 9217 and the daq assistant

Hi,

in my program I want to measure temperature and pressure,

the pressure part have no problem and I get the right signal in the right time but if I start the temp. Measurement I get time jumps in my graph and I have no idea why this happen.

I have tried every setting from the daq ass. for the measurement of the temp. (sample, rate, timeout) but it makes not really a difference.

Pleas help me before I freak out.

Best and regards

sascha

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(2,593 Views)

Why you have used 2 seprate case structure for temprature measurement, the case selector is same??????

what do you mean by time jump you have programmed it that you will get temp only when you select ????

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(2,587 Views)

yes

but i tried who makes the time jumps so i use two case structures,

i mean with time jumpes if i select temp the program runs not fluently the time jumps are up to 2sec. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(2,584 Views)

put timeout value to sample rate / no of samples, so that all the samples could be read before timeout. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(2,574 Views)

thank you for your reply

i do but nothing change the program doesn´t run fluently i tried every combination

if i select only the pressure line the program run fluently

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(2,566 Views)

ok the problem part is your ' time has elapsed vi '. you can clearly see the difference if you remove this vi from your code.

you can take a example from the attached vi remove the case structure and see the difference.

may be helpful.............if you try to learnSmiley Happy 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(2,560 Views)

ok the problem is your " time has elapsed " vi . Try the attached vi . remove the case structure and you can see the difference . it will give you an idea ............Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(2,558 Views)

Just one comment, you can NOT have two DAQ assistance using the same hardware in the same program at the same time. They will conflict. Combind them together or only run one at a time.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(2,553 Views)

@alok.p

i can not open the attachment i use v 9.0.1

@dkfire

i DO NOT use the same hardware 

for pressure i use NI 9215 for temp NI 9217

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(2,545 Views)

here in v 9.