LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time based events

Hi there,

I'm new to LabView and I am unable to find a solution to the problem below.

I have a VI which takes a number from a control, when the number control changes, the voltage on the appropriate channel changes and it works fine however. it is for an experiment which needs the voltage to change at irregular intervals, any idea how I could automate this? My own thoughts were to read 2 columns off a spreadsheet, one containing the seconds into execution, the other containing the voltage to change to when that time elapses. Below is a simple example of data. There could also be any number rows, not just 4. 

Example:

Seconds| Voltage

5           | 7

7           | 6

11         | 8

406       | 4

A steer in the right direction would be much appreciated. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,357 Views)
I like using the Elapsed Time Express VI for this.  The For Loop iterates through each time/voltage level and the While Loop keeps track of time.

Example_VI.png
Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 2 of 4
(2,344 Views)

Thanks very much for that. That is exactly what I had in mind. I am having difficulty implementing it, even with the picture above. Would you be willing to send me that VI in an e-mail?

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,314 Views)
That image is actually a VI Snippet.  Here's the VI saved back to 8.6.
Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,295 Views)