LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tic Tac Toe Coding Challenge

Here is the new coding challenge!!!  You need to create a vi that will play the game of tic tac toe.  It will be played on a 4x4 grid, and the objective is to LOSE the game, not win.  The complete rules are found on the LabVIEW Zone.

The attached template has the required inputs and outputs for testing.  If you don't use this template, I will not be able to test your submission.

I will answer any questions about the challenge on this forum.  Please post your questions here and don't email them to me.

Once there are a few submissions, I will start posting the current standings and update them frequently.

Can you be the biggest loser?

Bruce
Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
Message 1 of 183
(14,412 Views)
Ooookay,

So to lose a game of TicTacToe more efficiently than simply placing random pieces.......

How 'bout some clear rules as to what TicTacToe actually is.....  There may be some out there who are not 100% certain on what exactly this game is.  Not me of course. >ahem<

Sounds like fun by the way,

Shane
Using LV 6.1 and 8.2.1 on W2k (SP4) and WXP (SP2)
Message 2 of 183
(14,372 Views)
Smiley Very Happy

Indeed that sounds fun, I really like Bruce's question : "
Can you be the biggest loser?" Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

For french speaker who ignore what tic tac toe is, it's "le morpion" in french 😉 I'm sure it's easy to find some rule on the web.

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 183
(14,365 Views)

TiTou a écrit:...For french speaker who ignore what tic tac toe is, it's "le morpion" in french...

:D....  OK so we have to be the best looser ?  ahem... just a reminder : a "morpion" in french is a crab loose. Now, where is this thread where I was fired down for trying to entertain the BreakPoint board with a classic (albeit silly...) french joke ? 😄

Message Edité par chilly charly le 04-27-2006 12:53 PM

Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 183
(14,363 Views)
Smiley Indifferent

Hello CC,

chilly charly a écrit:
Now, where is this thread where I was fired down for trying to entertain the forums with a classic (albeit silly...) french joke ?

I don't see what you're talking about... have I missed a joke on the forum ? Could you find the link ?

Message Edité par TiTou le 04-27-2006 12:55 PM

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 183
(14,355 Views)

You should be able to find it here, but as Altenbach pointed out, it's a lousy joke. If this is an example of classic french humor then the french should probably stick with making food.

P.S. As I mentioned in the last thread, I like this challenge. If I have time I might even take a shot at it.

Thanks for the link tst...

Have to admit that this is typical french humour - which indeed is terrible Smiley Sad - but let me had that despite my frenchness (not my fault, I got it from my parents ;)) I do understand and prefer from far english humour.

• L'humour anglais souligne avec amertume et désespoir l'absurdité du monde.
  • L'humour français se moque de ma belle-mère.

• Pierre Desproges (very famous french funny guy with very sarcastic sense of humour)

😉

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
    Message 7 of 183
    (14,339 Views)
    Sory Bruce, I apologize for spoiling this thread with dodgy jokes Smiley Sad

Like tst, I am really interested in that challenge and will try to make an attempt 😉

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 8 of 183
    (14,338 Views)
    I have to find some time for this challenge..

Thanks Bruce!
    Message 9 of 183
    (14,330 Views)

@JoeLabView wrote:

======== Now where did I put that Tool Palette!!???!!! ========

I think you left it right under your CVI workspace. Smiley Very Happy
    Talk about a desktop metaphor... Smiley Wink