From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Threshold line on a waveform chart

Hi all

I am using a peak detector that takes threshold as one of its inputs to detect peaks . As a matter of fact I saw many VI's on the forum putting a line somehow on the waveform chart controlling by that the threshold of a random signal . they just move the cursor up and down to change the value of the threshold . ( found that option easy ). 

I just dunno how to do that . 

can you guys please guide me ?

Any help would be deeply appreciated .

Thank you .

Bill David
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,743 Views)
You have never seen an example that has a cursor on a chart because charts do not have cursors. Only graphs have cursors so the first thing you need to do is determine if you are using a chart or a graph. If it is really a chart, then the threshold line would be simply another trace. The context help for a chart shows you exactly how to plot multiple traces with the bundle function.
Message 2 of 5
(3,739 Views)

Dennis_knuston

Thank you for the very fast reply.

No i am using a waveform chart . kindly just tell me where can i read about that please 

Thank you .

Bill David
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,735 Views)
As I said, you have an explanation with context help turned on. Just move your mouse over the chart indicator on the block diagram. There is also shipping examples. Context help, LabVIEW help, and examples are all accessed from the help menu.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,730 Views)

As Dennis said, only on waveform chart you can have a cursor.

You can have a look at this video, http://screencast.com/t/azbZIj5Rm1

Basically in the first part I was creating a cursor but in the second part I was adding a new trace that looked like a threshold.

Best regards,

Ion R.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,705 Views)