From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This question maybe simple to some but I am stumped, and you maybe to. (HELP!!!!!!!)

I am able to send a .jpg image to a picture control and have the picture display on the front panel. My problem is most of the images I am working with are .gif files and I have 1500 of them and no time to convert them all to .jpg files. Does anyone know a way of displaying .gif files in Labview or a way of converting .gif files to .jpg files with labview.

Thanks,

Aaron
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,436 Views)
Aaron,

This was covered very extensively just a month or two ago in this forum. The verdict : you cannot convert gifs or display them in labview. You can however, go to several shareware or freeware websites and download a converter. Some do batch conversion, so you just start the program and go have a cup of coffee. Come back and its done for you.

Jared
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,436 Views)
You can obtain IMAQ for LabVIEW. You will be able to manipulate most popular image format, including gif.

You can learn more about IMAQ here:

www.ni.com/imaq

Regards;
Enrique
www.vartortech.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,436 Views)
I am sorry, this information is not right. GIF is not supported in IMAQ (I am familiar with version 5)

I deeply apologize for any confusion.

Enrique
www.vartortech.com
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,436 Views)
IrfanView is best tool for you, with batch conversion and more...
http://stud1.tuwien.ac.at/~e9227474/

"matethreat" wrote in message
news:506500000008000000E0160000-984280909000@quiq.com...
> I am able to send a .jpg image to a picture control and have the
> picture display on the front panel. My problem is most of the images I
> am working with are .gif files and I have 1500 of them and no time to
> convert them all to .jpg files. Does anyone know a way of displaying
> gif files in Labview or a way of converting .gif files to .jpg files
> with labview.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Aaron
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5