LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thermocouple reading stop updating

Hi,

I am having a problem with a cRIO application and a NI 9213 module. I have a heater application and I am using the NI 9213 to read the temperature values of the heaters.

When I am using the heater to heat the system, the NI 9213 suddenly (after reading for a few minutes)stops updating the temperature values and is stuck to the old value. The time and temperature at which it gets stuck is different every time. I have some other analog and digital modules in my system and they continue updating without problem

I verify my loop an it never stop, but by any reason the thermocouple reading stop updating the values. I am running in scan interface. Any help to solve this issue will be greatly appreciated. I am working in a new application with a short dead time.

Thanks!

Ferdinand Martinez
FMO Automation LLC
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,783 Views)

Hello nausfaratu,

Would it be possible for you to post your code?

Also, I'm curious what steps you have to take to get your 9213 working again?

Thanks,

Sebastian 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,777 Views)

Hi Sebastian,

To get the 9213 working again I have to reboot the controller or make any change in the module properties like change from "hi rtesolution" to "hight speed" or something like that.

Attached is my code. It just a vi to test my inputs and outputs.

Ferdinand Martinez
FMO Automation LLC
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,766 Views)

Hey nausfaratu,

Thanks for the code.  It is likely not related to the issue you have reported, but I recommend wiring all the variable nodes in series using the error wires.  I see you've done that for a few nodes, but not all.  This should provide a significant performance gain.

As for the bad data, I should have asked earlier, what version of RIO / LV are you using.  I'd like to set up a system and see if I can reproduce the issue.

Thanks,

Sebastian 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,756 Views)

Apparently solved due to an electrical grounding issue, see:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&thread.id=471162

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Message 5 of 7
(2,749 Views)

Glad to hear it!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,747 Views)

That's right,

the problem was bad grounding.

Thanks all of you guys for your support.

Ferdinand Martinez
FMO Automation LLC
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,742 Views)