LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thermocamera

Hi! I'm new with Labview! Sorry! I want extract temperature data ( in form of a 2D array or matrix) from thermocamera images. I have the temperature map. I can choose the temperature appearance (light, rainbow, RGB colors) of the thermocamera and the temperature scale ( ex from 25°C to 200°C). 

Can I do this with Labview? If yes how? 

Many thanks! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(955 Views)

Do you have saved images on your computer, or are you trying to read directly from an instrument?

If the image is on your computer, can you attach one here?

Is thermocamera a brand/device name, or can you provide a make/model of your thermal camera?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(902 Views)

The thermcamera is a fluke 401 pro and I use the Fluke connect software to elaborate the images that I obtain directly from the instrument. 

I attach an example of image I obtain. I would have a temperature map in terms of array in order to analyze the temperatture distributionscala.pngtermocamera.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(843 Views)

Hi FFoglia,

what datatype/format do you get the image data?

1. Do you get a PNG/JPG/BMP image with 24bit RGB values?
  2. Do you get an 8bit image with a colorscale?

Do you use an intensity graph to display the image data or do you use a picture indicator?

In case 1 you would need to read the color value and search for that color valu in your temperature/color scale to get the temperature.

In case 2 you can simply scale the U8 value into a temperature based on color scale min/max…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(836 Views)