LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thermistor Measurement using 6215 & 9263

Dear all,

I'm trying to measure temperature using a 3-wire thermistor from Li-Cor. The operation sheet is as attached. On the DAQ side, I am using an NI 9263 to give the 5V excitation and NI 9215 to measure the voltage output. A 'crude' wiring diagram is as attached. As a result, I didn't get the reading that make sense. Here are some questions I have:

1. First of all, are the wirings correct to begin with? In one of the diagram from NI's 'How-To' guide, it says that for voltage excitation, I need to connect a resistor (I assume a low-ohm resistor) between the +ve excitation and the black wire. Is it suffice if I were to use a long wire to act as a low-ohm resistor (around 2-10 Ohm)?

2. Do I need to connect the 'com' port on the AO module to the AI module? If yes, which port (+AI, -AI or com) should I connect to?

3. The operation sheet says that the conversion uses this equation:

Y = a0 + (a1)X + (a2)X^2 + (a3)X^3 + (a4)X^4 + (a5)X^5, where X is the uncalibrated temperature reading.

However, in all documentations I found on the web, the equation is very different... I think it goes something like 1/T = A + B(lnR) + C(lnR)^3. LabVIEW's voltage to thermistor subVI also uses this equation. The question now is, how do I relate the two equations?

Please advice. Thank you.

Shazlan

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,204 Views)
cross posted here
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,190 Views)