LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The "Invalid Handle" message when calling the ArtemisCCD.dll

Hi!

I have solved the problem of the "sliced and tilted" images.

Quite simple after all...

The image buffer in the camera is a 1D array; while putting it into a 2D array, if one swaps x for y, one gets a "sliced and tilted" image..

The solution is a "double reshape": first to get back to a 1D array, second to get the right 2D array.

vi attached.

Cheers,

Gilles

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 41
(1,324 Views)

Hi Gilles

great you have solved the problem! I would like to try it for my Titan as well but I need a LV11 or earlier version. COuld you do me a favor and attach a compatible version?

Since I'm considering a 11000 Model for spectroscopy I need to know if it is possible to read out only a few rows (10-20) and what the download speed /readout time in this scenario is. Maybe you can check this while yoo are testing?

thanks

klaus

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 41
(1,310 Views)

Ooops..

Here are 2 versions; I could not test them.

I attach a snapshot of the vi too.

Cheers,

Gilles

Message 33 of 41
(1,304 Views)

Hi Gilles,

Glad to hear that you were able to resolve the problem on your own - sorry I wasn't able to get back to you prior to you taking care of this, the work at our university has kept me quite occupied this week.

One suggestion I would have (and maybe you are already aware of this); is to look into using a State Machine architecture vs. the flat sequence. This provides for a more scable block diagram, along with making it smaller and easier to manage on screen.

If you have any questions or need anything else; please feel free to ask - I will hold off on what I was working on, unless you would need me to continue it for some reason.

Thanks.

Mike

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Miami University
Instrumentation Laboratory

CLA Logo
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 41
(1,296 Views)

Hi Mike,

Yes, it's a quick and dirty version just to get the things work. I like state machines 🙂

That variant output of the GetImageArray was my only problem (fingers crossed!)

Thank you for your help and availability.

Best regards,

Gilles

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 41
(1,290 Views)

Hi Gilles,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I figured based on looking at your program that you were aware of the state machine architecture (and I'm always looking for the easiest way of getting things to work as well Smiley Happy ), but wanted to mention it for the benefit of anyone else who may be looking at this post on the forum.

I'm so glad to hear that the work that has been done regarding the drivers, etc. has worked out for you - it took us quite a bit of time to get them to work within LabVIEW - as our users' original program was a very old VB application that didn't work nearly at the level of the LabVIEW system that we developed. The only thing that I'm a fan of, as you mentioned, is the Variant data type - I've always found those to be a bit of mystery to work with - but may that's just me Smiley Happy .

Please feel free to reach out should you require further assistance.

Thanks.

Mike

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Miami University
Instrumentation Laboratory

CLA Logo
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 41
(1,284 Views)

got it to work - thanks again!!!

klaus

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 41
(1,265 Views)

Dear all,

I have a camera Atik Titan from the same company Artemis. I am encoutering a problem of reading the camera with LabView. Apparently some drivers are missing when I try to launch the library. Do you have any idea from where this error could appears ? I have tried to put the library in many repertories but none work.

For me something is missing in the package provided by Artemis.

Error1.gifError2.gif

Thanks in advance for your reply,

Regards,

Mirsad

MSC engineer

HEIG-VD

Switzerland

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 41
(1,180 Views)

Hi!

What do you mean by "launch the library"?

To access the functions of the library I use the special labview node (... can't remember its name). I provide the path of the library in that node, choose the right function and carefully set the function's prototype (in/out variables) in the node to fit the library's one.

Regards,

Gilles

Message 39 of 41
(1,164 Views)

Hi Gilles,

So that means for every function you have this labview node ? The Labview files provided by the company Artemis contiains many VIs with some dlls and one .mnu file. We have the possiblity to put all files in the folder Intr.lib and then acess to them from the LabView palette where they appears. But we cant slide them to the LabView page. If we try to read any function, the error of the missing dll appears as in my last message.

I will try to launch the LabView Vis with the LabView node and keep you in touch if I have any progress.

Thanks !

Mirsad

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 41
(1,155 Views)