Miami University
Instrumentation Laboratory

CLA Logo
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 41
(1,245 Views)

Hi Mike,

I'm trying to work with an Atik 11000.

I have used your examples to get an image; in particular, the ArtemisGetImageArray with its Variant output.

My problem is that I get "sliced and tilted" images: these are made of 5 shifted and mixed rows, with a nice tilt... Looking like the buffer is read in a weird way.

Have you experienced such issues ?

Regards,

Gilles

PS sample attached (downsampled) 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 41
(1,206 Views)

I have the same problem with an Atik Titan. In my case if I try to read square (NxN) images with a size less than the smaller side of the CCD I get a good image. Otherwise my images look even more crazy. No response yet from the Atik support... (8 weeks ago?). Otherwise I'm extremely happy with this thing for microscopy. I have also plans to use something like the 11000 in a spectrometer but in this case labview readout is a must.

good luck and let me know if you can fix the problem. 

klaus

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 41
(1,199 Views)

Hi Gilles,

I will do my best to help - we are done with our work for the Atik camera and the camera itself is now being used in the Physics department for experimentation, so I don't have access to the camera any longer for testing\development.

A few questions I would have:

1. What data type are you converting the Variant data from? We used integer and had great success with that format.

2. Do you have the overall VI program that you could share\post - that may provide some insights on why the image is being read and processed the way that it is? I will say that our data was just plotted up to an intensity graph to show changes versus the background (our work was build a system focused on the formation of atom clouds being formed by thermal amplified lasers).

3. Have you tried using the built in camera imaging apps that are installed (I'm assuming you are using a Windows based system), specifically ArtemisCapture? Does using that program produce the same image that you attached?

Thanks.

Mike

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Miami University

CLA Logo
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 41
(1,184 Views)

Hi Klaus,

I'll do my best to help - as I referenced in my post a few minutes ago, I don't have access to the camera any longer for development\testing.

We did find that we had to BIN down our imaging to 8 (X) & 8 (Y) to give us readable data using the LabVIEW VI's that were based off of the original .dll. I could be wrong, but I remember something from when we spoke with Atik about the Titan having a little different firmware in it...not sure if this is related to the problem or not from what you are reporting.

A few questions\comments:

1. Does the Titan have a shutter built in? Our camera (Atik 460ex) did not, so we had to get a little creative with doing longer exposures (up to 1 second in length) and then doing triggering of TTL triggers later in the cycle for the lasers. This had to be done to get accurate pictures, in time, from cycle to cycle.

2. Do you have your overall VI that you could share to get more insight in what you are looking to accomplish?

3. For a spectrometer, I'm thinking that the exposure times would have to be small (in the mSec. range) - I'm wondering that if the 11000 doesn't have a shutter (not sure if it does) if that would produce accurate images? If it does have a shutter, the .zip file should have contained the functions for controlling a built in shutter for the Atik cameras.

Thanks.

Mike 

Miami University

CLA Logo
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 41
(1,182 Views)

Hi Mike!

1) I use U16 as data type

2) I have attached the vi I use

3) I have actually tried with ArtemisCapture and got the right images

May you have a look at my vi?

Best regards,

Gilles

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 41
(1,148 Views)

Hi Klaus,

I have tried with squared subframes of the maximum CCD "y" dimension (the smallest dimension) and the images were good too, as yours.

Gilles

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 41
(1,147 Views)

Hi Gilles,

Thanks for the provided information - I've been looking over your VI and am working on a program based off what what was sent over, to hopefully give some direction on where to go. Before I go much further, I wanted to see what version of LabVIEW you are running so I know what version to save this in. What version are you on?

Thanks.

Mike

Miami University

CLA Logo
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 41
(1,131 Views)

Hi!

I am running LabVIEW 12SP1

Best regards,