From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The network systems manager failed to initialize

I want to connect the PXI with my computer. But the LABVIEW COMM in my computer cannot detect the PXI, and it shows "The network systems manager failed to initialize." in the interface of NETWORK SYSTEMS. So how can I address the problem? Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,982 Views)

I'm not sure how you are trying to find your PXI.  What I always do (and have done since LabVIEW 7.0, when I started using LabVIEW) was to open MAX, click on Remote Systems, and let it do whatever Remote Ping-ing it needs to do to find any (and all) PXIs that are currently on and connected to the same Network as the PC.  There is also a way of doing this programmatically, but I always start with MAX (and recommend that you do, also).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,980 Views)

Thank you for your reply. The PXI is connected to my computer directly through Ethernet. And I can ping the PXI from my computer. But the LABVIEW on my computer cannot detect the PXI, and it shows "The network systems manager failed to initialize" on the section of NETWORK SYSTEMS of HARDWARE, like the screenshot below. I think it maybe a problem of the software.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,942 Views)

Hmm.  Are you, by any chance, running LabVIEW 2017?  Every version of MAX that I've used (up to and including LabVIEW 2016) has a section that says "My System", followed by a section called "Remote Systems", where the PXIs appear.  I've not had success installing LabVIEW 2017 (probably due to the mix of Modules I install -- it has corrupted three of my systems, forcing a reinstall of Windows on two) -- I have it installed on an isolated Test PC, but I'm "on the road" and can't see if its MAX is (as they say) "A MAX of a Different Color" ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,931 Views)

I think this is a tagging problem. I think it should be tagged "LabVIEW NXG".

From what I read on the comparison page between 2017 and NXG, LabVIEW Communications is a module for PXI systems in NXG before they're natively supported (at least, that was what I got from the table...)

Sadly, that doesn't help me provide a solution. Sorry!

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,924 Views)

Hi PFly,

How do you managed to solve this issue? I got exactly the same problem.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,574 Views)

I just realized I make what may be an incorrect assumption -- what Operating System is running on your PXI?  If your PXI is running Windows, it probably won't appear in MAX at all (the same way the other PCs on your LAN don't show up in MAX).  I've only used PXI systems as part of a LabVIEW Real Time Project, where the PXI was running (in my case) PharLap and was the "Remote" part of the Host/Remote Real-Time Network.  In this case, it shows up in MAX under the Remote tab.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,566 Views)

Hi Bob,

My hardware is actually a USRP 2974 which runs NI RT Linux, so it should show up in MAX and in LVComms. In fact it appears in other computers on the same network. It looks like something is wrong with my LVComms 2.0 installation, and it started after installing LVComms 2.1 (Beta). I just removed everything and I am reinstalling LVComms 2.0 to see what happens.

Regards

Wheberth

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,542 Views)