LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The last time you ran LabVIEW, an internal error or crash occurred at fpsane.cpp, line 444. WHY?

Solved!
Go to solution

I keep getting this error every time I open LabVIEW 10. Everything seems to be working fine whenever I'm using it but for some reason, LabVIEW would not close properly and linger in the background. I still see the icon in the task bar and I would sometimes close it with task manager in order to re-use LabVIEW. Does anybody out there know how to fix this problem?

Attachment:

line 444.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,961 Views)

Hi macolit,

This is typically associated with a specific VI, as discussed in this KnowledgeBase article. Does this happen every time you use LabVIEW, or only when you've opened and used a particular VI?

Andy H.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,927 Views)

Every time I use LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,924 Views)

As noted in the KB article and in the log file, the VI you were working with has a problem. Some of the objects on the front panel are corrupted. Your screenshot indicates that you're telling LabVIEW to investigate later, so when you start it up it's doing exactly that, since you told it last time to "investigate later". The fundamental problem is with the "Table_TR6_V1.0" VI.

P.S. Naming VI with version numbers is a bad idea. You should be using a real version control systems, not filenames as your version control system.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,907 Views)

Even though I put it as investigate now, I would still get the error.

How do I figure out which one is bad in Front Panel?

Real version control in naming VI's, how do you do that? I'm sorry I'm still a novice in LabVIEW.

Thank you very much for taking the time to help.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,901 Views)

Labview has not crashed and I haven't noticed any problems running.

Just a recurring error message the day after a lot of work and opening of Vi's and starting Labview.

I will pay closer attention and see if its one vi. the log names a control 1 and that makes sense as I have tried different property nodes  to adjust the scale and probably messed it up.

thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,365 Views)
Solution
Accepted by macolit

Thanks Hinz,

I believe I was able to solve this particular problem myself by using "LVdebugKeys". I was able to isolate the offending VI using the debug and it came out that an old "Write Test Data to File vi." does not work well with LV2010. I replaced this vi and it no longer gives me the error.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,351 Views)