LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The following error message appears when I try to save a new vi library: "Labview Save Error 48: Could not move temporary file to destination."

Does anyone know the cause of this error? I've upgraded to 6.02, and tired changing my temporary directory, but neither fixed the problem.
Thanks, Steve.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,788 Views)
Steve,

I've never heard of this error before. Could you elaborate on what you are trying to do? Are you going to File >> Save As... and clicking the "New VI Library" button in the file dialog box? Are you trying to programmatically create an LLB?

You should empty your TEMP folder to see if that helps. Since the TEMP folder is located in different places depending on your operating system, you can just drop a "Temporary Directory" constant from your File I/O >> File Constants subpalette to determine where it is. Then just delete all the files in there. Also, if you are running low on hard drive space in general, you may want to free some up to see if that helps.

Finally, if you are trying to save into an existing LLB, make sure the LLB is not set
to "read only". You can check this setting by right-clicking on the LLB in Windows Explorer and choosing "Properties".

Let me know if you still need any help. Good luck.

Darren
Message 2 of 4
(2,788 Views)
Hi Darren,
I am using the file>>save as dialog that you have described. I emptied my temp folder, and also tried a new temp folder.

However, after all that I've determined that my problem is not due to Labview, but is due to something that is happening between Windows2000 and my hard drive.

Without intending to turn this into a Microsoft Developer Exchange, the symptoms I'm seeing are this:
In the directory where I am storing my Labview files (c:\labview) I can save VIs, but not libraries. Also I can create a new folder, but not rename or delete folders, and I also can't delete any files.
I have defragged the drive, and tried running scan disk, but with the "Automatically fix file system errors" checkbox selected, the scan doesn't run because
"exclusive access to the drive could not be obtained." I am logged in as administrator.
The problem sprung up suddenly. For now, I've gotten around it by creating a new directory to hold my Labview files. Getting scan disk to run might fix the problem, or at least let me know the cause.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,788 Views)
Steve,

It definitely sounds like a Windows 2000 permissions problem. The only other suggestion I have is that you disable any Virus Scan or other disk-accessing utilities you have running on your computer and see if that helps. If not, the next best thing I can think of is to get someone from your IT department to help you figure out the cause of the strange file system behavior.

Good luck with everything...let me know if you have any other questions on the LabVIEW side of things.

Darren
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,788 Views)