LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The conflicts between two version of codes

Hi there,

Due to some reasons,I have to combine two versions of code into one project and they can call each other. Some of code have similar or even the same basic level sub-vis. I am trying to create the project library in, let's say we have project 1 and 2, project 2 and I want to copy all my documents of project 1 into project library. However, it seems I still got project conflict errors. Does anyone has experience with this or any suggestions? Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

Edward

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,816 Views)

Depends how disorganized the various projects were to begin with.

There is a built-in tool to resolve conflicts. Are subVIs having the same name otherwise functionally identical?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,798 Views)

Hi altenbach

I tried to used the build-in tool to resolve the conflict but unfortunately the button was disabled to re-open the path for neither project 1 nor project 2. With regard to subVIs of two projects, some of them are identical and having the same name.

Kind regards,

Ed

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,783 Views)

Make backup copies of your projects.

Figure out which VI names are in conflict.

Open up one of the projects, find those subVI's and rename them.  Make sure that project is still fully functional with the newly named subVI's.

Close the project.

Now try the process of combining the two projects into one.

If you still see conflicts where you might have missed some common-named files, back up a few steps, rename them, and try again.

Message 4 of 4
(1,761 Views)