LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The cRIO 9004 problems with cRIO 9104 chassis (renew)

The cRIO 9004 problems with cRIO 9104 chassis

I am using cRIO 9004 with CRIO 9104.

One strange event happened after many times running LabVIEw VI in RT target of cRIO 9004 without clear the flash memory.

And one day, after I pressed the reset button on the cRIO 9004, the LED of the STATUS on the cRIO 9004 flash 4 times contiously, I have read the manual (P.11) on http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/373561c.pdf and of course I have finished software rebooting many times, but I really don't know what mean by

cycling power between crashes and how can I deal with it. When I open the Measurement and Automation Explorer, it can detect the cRIO 9004, but when I open the LabVIEW project, right click the cRIO and click deploy and it replies: Failed to connect to RT engine.

When I use the Measurement and Automation Explorer to view the cRIO, it display the following in the System State:  Connected- Safe Mode (Software Error).

I have done software rebooting and pressing the reset button on the cRIO 9004 many times, but the problem is not solved. I worry that it is due to the run out of the memory, how can I clear the cRIO 9004 memory by using the Measurement and Automation Explorer or LabVIEW 8.2? If I choose to format disk in the Measurement and Automation Explorer, will I need to reinstalled the pre-installed LabVIEW 8.2 inside the cRIO 9004?

Thank you for your attention.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,997 Views)
Hello,

Is it possible to re-install the software in the cRIO via MAX?

There is also a dipswitch which allows to start without the user application, did you try that?

Kind regards,

André
Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,988 Views)

Dear Andre,

Which Dipswitch that allows me to start without user application?

Thank you!

Best regards,

Maxwell Chow

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,977 Views)
Hello,

You need to set the "Noapp" switch to false/off to prevent the application to be started.

Regards,

André
Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,967 Views)
I have encountered a similar problem using a cRIO 9012 with the 9104 chassis. I have a cRIO with a startup executable on it. The system gets turned on and off frequently, and 99% of the time it starts correctly. Occasionally, however, I get the flashing status light error and the system will not boot until  I restart it in either No App or Safe Mode. Does anyone know what causes this? It is extremely inconvenient for my application.

Thanks,
Patrick
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,144 Views)

Hi Patrick,

It sounds like you might be running into one of the Known issues with an earlier version of NI RIO and LabVIEW Real-Time

Why does my cRIO-901x Controller Spontaneously Boot into Safe Mode when using NI-RIO 2.1.1?

Also, you'll want to perform this if you have not already done so too.

Boot Rom Field Update Utility for cRIO-901x Controllers

You can find the latest NI RIO Driver NI RIO 2.3 here too.

Hope that helps,

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,138 Views)