LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The application is not able to keep up with the hardware acquisition.

Solved!
Go to solution

On the waveform chart i just want to display the recent valves as it is updating. But when I am writing the entire data on X-Y chart and in excel I dont want to lose data.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(3,908 Views)

@pk4 wrote:

The reason for graphs outside the loop is that when I press the stop button the entire data is displayed on the X-Y graphs. 

• Are you sure about that? Your "build xy graph" express VIs are set to clear their data on each call. so all you'll see at the end is the last point.
  • You can half the number of terminals if you would use the digital display of graphs. you can customize it to look like a meter, etc.
  • You don't need the "stop functions" (duplicated in all cases of the last case structure). The VI will stop automatically once all code has been consumed.
  • Why is the diagram maximised to the screen?
  • Your use of "index array" is overly complicated.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(3,896 Views)

-Yes I have tried the X-Y graph which works fine and I get the entire data when I press the stop button.

-The daq assisitant is reading 2 analog channels(for pressure and flowrate) and I have used the index array to separate the reading of those two channel and send it to respective graphs.

- I would surely want to know if there is a better way to split the data coming from two channels into the respective graphs.

- The acquisition is continuous and i am not sure how it will stop automatically unless I press the stop button.

-I used the " clean up diagram" to clean it and its not maximized( If thats what maximized to screen meant )

Attaching the vi  and the screenshot of it again

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(3,890 Views)
Solution
Accepted by pk4

@pk4 wrote:

-Yes I have tried the X-Y graph which works fine and I get the entire data when I press the stop button.

As I said, I cannot test. Must be one of the booleans that you are connecting. Personally, I prefer to build xy graphs in a complex shift register instead of express VIs. I don't like dynamic data and never use it

@pk4 wrote:

... and I have used the index array to separate the reading of those two channel and send it to respective graphs.

Well, here's how to correctly use "index array" in this case. You have way too many terminals.

@pk4 wrote:

- The acquisition is continuous and i am not sure how it will stop automatically unless I press the stop button.

You can add code to stop it after a certain time or after a certain number of iterations. In fact if you know the total number of iterations before the loop starts, you can built the xy graphs in-place.

@pk4 wrote:

-I used the " clean up diagram" to clean it and its not maximized( If thats what maximized to screen meant )

If I open your diagram on my computer in LabVIEW 2015, it is maximised to the 2560x1440 screen and I stare at 70% whitespace with no useful information, but blocking my view of all other windows.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(3,881 Views)

-Thank you,I will modify the indexing part.

- I dont know the number of iterations for the loop to run else I would have surely used for loop instead of a while loop.

- Wll try to implement the producer/consumer architecture and see if that sorts the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(3,856 Views)

It worked as soon as I removed the Express XY  charts and used something else. Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(3,772 Views)