cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Xilinx 14.7 tools are not installed

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all

Not new to LV, but new to LV plus FPGA. Trying to compile a design I inherited from another worksite. The Compile Worker complains that "The Xilinx 14.7 tools are not installed." But they are installed - I even did a quick build of another design in ISE to make sure it still works.

FWIW, I'm using eval versions of everything while waiting for the PO to get processed. I installed 2013Xilinx14, so I wonder if Compile Worker is looking in the wrong place for the compiler (it quits just after creating the VHDL code).

OS is Windows 7

LV version is 2014 14.0f1

Targeting a sbRIO-9636, which is not installed on this PC

Thoughts, anyone?

Cheers!

MADman

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,141 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sdmadman

sdmadman wrote:I installed 2013Xilinx14, so I wonder if Compile Worker is looking in the wrong place for the compiler (it quits just after creating the VHDL code).

You need to install the LabVIEW 2014 Xilinx Tools.  2013 comes with Xilinx 14.4.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,133 Views)

I'll try that. Lo ------ ong download in progress. I'll post results after installation.

Cheers!

MADman

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,127 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sdmadman

Hi sdmadman -

Looks like your computer is looking for the Xilinx ISE 14.7 Tools which means you're running LabVIEW 2014.

It sounds like you're trying to use the Xilinx version of the tools which won't work.  If you're using LabVIEW then you need to download the packaged NI LabVIEW FPGA Xilinx Tools for LabVIEW FPGA 2014. The only time you need the full Xilinx package is if you are going to be creating a wrapper for third party IP for LabVIEW FPGA.

Here's the download page: LabVIEW 2014 FPGA Module Xilinx Tools 14.7

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,124 Views)

Hi,

I am relatively new to LV. Been using LV2012 and just started using LV2014 with an Evaluation Licence before deciding to purchase.

I have been trying to install the LabVIEW 2014 FPGA Module Xilinx Tools 14.7 on my laptop so that I can compile FPGA Code to the NI 9155 MXI Express RIO I am using however I get the following error message when trying to run the autorun.exe:

ErrorMessage.png

I can't seem to find any guidance on the Xilinx website; any help would be appreciated.

I am running Windows 7 Enterprise which I note is x64, however the LabVIEW evaluation version is only x32

KR

Bob

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,003 Views)

Hi GEZUB

There is a 64-bit evaluation version available for download - I'm running it now. I suggest downloading and installing that.  Also, make sure you uninstall all other versions first. Different LabView versions don't work well together.

-MADman

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,991 Views)