LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Ole 1026 error passing a VI reference out of a function

So I'm trying set up an array of references to a reentrant VI, to use here & there throughout my application (a big THANK YOU  to Bob & Kevin!).  I thought I'd create them, then store them FGV style, calling the FGV wrapper as needed.  So yuk - I get a 1026 error when I try to actually use the refnums.  And lo!  NI's wise fore-people have already told us about this:

"You can still access the address of that memory when you read the reference but the reference is invalid. To avoid this problem, don't stop the calling VI between getting the reference and using it."

I bolded the meat of the issue.  So I ponder "how exactly would that work?"  I guess a while loop like any other running process, with some means (a queue or event, etc.) to call the functions I need?  Just looking for confirmation of my vague idea of how best to solve the problem of creating multiple reentrant little minions & sending them into the world to do my bidding - thanks for any tips, (and sorry, Bob or Kevin, if you already told me this!) paul

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(624 Views)