LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text based labview RPG

So either out of curiosity, boredom, or just fun practice (probably a little of everything), I have started to try and program a (possibly hilariously offensive) text based game of similar style to the old Ti-83 text based rpgs (mafia wars, or one of the many _____ wars rip-offs) and I am looking for a way to make an unlockable-style list for it.

I have a menu ring on the front panel where the user can choose a number of various activities, and one is a "celebrity challenge."  The idea is that there is going to be a list of people the player can challenge, possibly through a menu ring or a pop-up dialog.  I would love for it to come from a pop-up "display message to user" type list but I'm not sure if that will work.  Anyways it needs to list names that the user can choose, but I would like to make it so that only the names that the user has unlocked will appear, so once you go through the first one, the next one becomes available, etc etc, but still leaving you the option to choose the earlier ones.

I could make a standard menu ring and just throw it on the front panel, but since this part of the game is buried in sub.vis then this option means there will be a useless menu ring out front for all the other actions in the game (like your standard dungeon-grinding section, shop, rest and upgrade section, etc) so a pop-up list would rock, or a way to hide it on the front panel during the other sections.  Also, I don't know how to make line items appear/dissappear in a menu ring throughout the execution of the program so I need to figure out that aspect.

I hope this was clear enough...  all sugestions will help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,214 Views)

property node:

Srtings and Values is writeable at run time.  Add from a list of Items unlocked. Cake

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 2 of 2
(2,204 Views)