LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing a serial EEPROM AT17LV256

Solved!
Go to solution

I was wondering if anyone has a test program they can share that they have written to test a EEPROM with a two wire (CLK&DATA) interface.  The particular EEPROM I am working with is a AT17LV256-10.

Thanks

Joe

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,910 Views)

Can you give us some more information about what you're trying to do? How are you connecting the device and expecting to communicate with it?

Conner A.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,859 Views)

I am trying to create a system to test this device for high temperature applications.  The end application is for programming a Xilinx FPGA.  I just figured I would load the device with a repeating pattern of some kind and the do multiple reads of the device at temperature.

Unfortunately it's not a SPI or I2C EEPROM.  It is just plain two wire with a data and clock pin.  I was just going to use a sbRIO to interface with it.

Hope that is enough detail.  Was just hoping that someone had something they could share to help get this done quicker.  If not will just start from scratch.

Thanks.
Joe

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,848 Views)

Unless someone else chimes in your best bet will be to use the examples included in LabVIEW as a starting point and build from there

Conner A.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,831 Views)

Can you suggest a particular example/s to look at?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,828 Views)

I haven't checked the entire data sheet and some of the application notes on the Microchip site but from the little I saw it looks suspiciously similar to I2C with some extensions to allow multi-master bus access. For your application however you only have one master (your FPGA) and therefore can skip all of the multi-master protocol handling and then it does get very close to a simple I2C interface.

So I think you want to start looking into examples that implement I2C and then compare that to the communication spec for the Atmel TWI (Two Wire Interface) but for a big part it really looks like I2C, but they for some reason want to avoid using that name.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,820 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JoeWork

Thanks for the help!!

I was able to find a programming spec for the part.  It was a bit involved, but I think I have a design that replicates what was put in the state machines for reading and writing.  I am just waiting on parts and a breakout board for my sbRIO I am using to interface with the parts.

I was just hoping that someone might have already created this project and could help.  I don't think my design will be useful to anyone since I believe most of these EEPROMs are I2C or SPI.

Joe

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,785 Views)