From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Stand Labview API: How can I deploy a Test Stand Sequence whose relative path is too long?

Hi,

I am using Test Stand Labview API with DQMH,

I have created DQMH modules in Labview and my Test Sequence consist of Request VIs to the DQMH modules. When I create an Exe to be deployed in a different system I am facing the following problems:

1. The Test Stand Sequence is Unable to locate the VIs since the source is not present on the System where the Exe is Deployed.

I have tried using the Test Stand Deployment Utility to create an Image of the Test Stand Sequence. But my observation is the Test Stand Deployment Utility Auto-detects Dependencies and then uses relative paths to the Test Sequence and Sub-sequence files.

2. The relative path in the Image is too long and the Test Stand is unable to locate the files in Image too.

Is there a better way to do this? I am missing something?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Linus Koli 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(709 Views)

I've had this problem in the past with TestStand at a customer site.
The simplest solution was just to map a drive letter to cut the path length down.
(customer had ridiculous path lengths., we mapped  55 chars off that path name and everything worked nicely in the newly created "W:\" drive 😉)
Would suggest you create a path length check tool and limit you filenames and folder depths for TestStand though - it can be a killer.
I can't remember (I think I last did is in about 2014 or something like that) - I think the max path length for TestStand is 125 chars Windows can go much higher.

James

CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(697 Views)

Thank you James,

I do not entirely understand the part about mapping a drive letter.

Can you please elaborate or provide an example or article to which I can refer?

Thank you again.

-Linus Koli

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(661 Views)

Hi Linus

on windows you would be looking at the subst command:
subst | Microsoft Docs

James

CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
Message 4 of 4
(656 Views)