LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible support, loss of customer trust; how do I submit a complaint about the support for LabVIEW?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

This is my last and final avenue, I've attempted to get support on Labview for the past week and I've gotten either:

- Unfulfilled promises (when I'm told I'd receive an email, only to never receive it)

- Different answers (calling back only to get a different person and as well as a different answer)

- Dead knowledge article links (https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019Uj8SAE&l=en-CA the link for the "specific product" just leads to the generic downloads page where again I'm at a dead end) 

- Now, still no resolution to my issue/question. (I'm the campus administrator and I'm still confused as to how to distribute LabVIEW under an academic site license to students on MAC OSX!!!) 

Can anyone help me?

thanks in advance,

HYL

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(803 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author HYL-UTM

NI has changed the method of distribution for LabVIEW over the many years I've been using the Product.  First was a set of Floppy Disks, with a separate 2-3 for the Mac.  Then came CDs, (again with a Mac set), then USB keys (also with a separate Mac key), and most recently, a Download link.

However, the Academic license for MacOS explicitly requires installation media.  This is from their Web site:

Academic LabVIEW Software

For all academic versions of LabVIEW for macOS, you must obtain a physical copy of the software to install it. Contact your site administrator who can request access to physical media if needed.

You should be able to "request access to physical media" if you are the Site Administrator.  However, NI is also changing how they administer their Licenses, going to a Subscription system, which I think many long-time LabVIEW users find, shall we say, "disappointing".

Bob Schor

P.S. -- I tried to send you a Private Message through the Forums, but you have not enabled this feature.  To do so, log in to the Forums, click your Avatar/Name in the upper-right of the dark green banner ("LABVIEW") at the top of the Forums, and choose "Help".  The last topic discusses Private Messages.

Message 2 of 2
(756 Views)