LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporarely disable or hide menu bar

Solved!
Go to solution

Is it possible to temporarily disable or  hide menu bar for the form.

Let me describe the situation (I'm using lab view 2011). The contents of menu bar is not static. It depends on some parameters, and it takes time to calculate this parameters. This time is not much, but sometimes I can start to navigate through the menu while it is been creating. So obviously I have the error: "Cannot insert or delete menu items while LabVIEW is tracking this menu. This error occurs when you use the Insert Menu Items or Delete Menu Items function to add or remove a menu item while a user is interacting with the menu. After LabVIEW processes a menu activation event, LabVIEW begins to track that menu. For example when you navigate through menus with the mouse or the keyboard, LabVIEW tracks that menu. While LabVIEW is tracking a menu, LabVIEW cannot insert or delete items from that menu."

So, my idea is to disable or hide the menu bar, while it building. How can I do this?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,611 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author giker

You could set the cursor to busy while you are running the calculations.

Message 2 of 3
(2,576 Views)

@Gregory wrote:

You could set the cursor to busy while you are running the calculations.

To expand on this, setting the cursor to "busy" prevents any front panel operations to the referenced front panel.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,558 Views)