LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temperature measurement using PT100 RTD

Hello All, 

I need to measure temperature from 1 PT100 sensor (RTD). I am using DAQ NI PCI 6225. Can any one help with the information about the connection circuit and finding any example programs. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,894 Views)

You have asked a similar question before specific to helping you find VIs. It would be better if you can tell us what you have tried so we can guide you better.

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,891 Views)

Hi, 

I connected the two ends of the sensor to two analog inputs in the SB-68 to DAQ. I created a channel in DAQ AI0 and named it temperature. But I heard from some people saying I need to measure voltage and convert it to temperature. I couldn't understand that. Can you guide me through this? Thank you very much fro your reply

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,887 Views)

Here are some of the steps that I think you should take:

1. Figure out if this is DIFF or RSE connection. Have a look at Table 1 of Field Wiring and Noise Considerations and be sure to connect your signals that way.
  2. Based on whether you chose DIFF or RSE, be sure to connect the signals to the right pinouts on the device. You can access the pinouts by right-clicking on the device in MAX and choosing Device Pinouts.
  3. You will be reading voltage in LabVIEW. The manufacturer must have provided a scale for the PT100 which you must use to get a temperature reading.

Hope this helps.

Adnan Zafar
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,880 Views)

Also, please be sure to go through the following:

Getting Started with NI-DAQmx

Adnan Zafar
Coleman Technologies