LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temperature controller gives wrong powerup configuration after communicating with RS-232

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I was working with a Lakeshore 330 Programmable temperature controller using the LabVIEW drivers downloaded from NI driver site. My aim was to implement a continous RS232 data acquisition. I initially thought of using the similar code to the one used in another transducer (a pressure transducer which acquires data from RS232 continously). Unfortunately, I kept this vi in the same vi as the I am developing. While executing the vi, I got error from the pressure transducer, possible because both transducers are trying to communicate using same serial port. After that, my Lakeshore 330 temperature controller always power up in wrong configuration. I cannot switch input channels. Also, in the temperature it measures, the two digits after the decimal is missing. For instance, instead of 21.43 it is just showing 21.

Anyone know what went wrong here? I restarted the Lakeshore several times, still no change. Is it possible the wrong write command to the lakeshore somehow messed the setting? Is it possible to get back to the original factory setting. I am getting desperate.

I deeply appreciate any help and suggestions.

Thank you in advance

Zch

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,314 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author zacharia01

It really doesn't sound like a LabVIEW problem but a user error.

All I can suggest is that you read the manual for the Lakeshore controller.  They are either going to have some steps that you can use to reconfigure it using front panel controls, or perhaps their own software to help configure it.  Also look at whatever protocol they are using for serial communication.  Comparing that to whatever you were trying to do with the pressure device might tell you how you might have accidentally changed the Lakeshore controllers configuration when you got their code and serial ports all mixed up.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,297 Views)
I would also add that since you cannot connect multiple instruments to the same RS232 port, that you have added a new port to the system. Hopeflly, neither instrument was physically damaged.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,290 Views)

Thank you!

I read the manual, carefully and there was a command to reset the controller to factory default.

Now, it is working fine.

Have a nice day.

Thank once again...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,264 Views)