LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temperature control synced with waveform acquisition

Hi everyone,

I am working on writing a VI which should enable me to do the following:

1. Lauda ECO RE 415 thermostat, controlled via VI provided by manufacturer, is used to heat up the water bath containing the sample. The sample temperature is measured using a T-type thermocouple connected to PC via NI USB-TC01 DAQ. User specifies the temperature range over which this temperature should be changed and the step in the temperature change. This is controlled using PID (Autotuning) Temperature.vi from LabVIEW example database.

2. When temperature equilibrium is achieved, at each of the specified temperatures, waveforms emitted from the sample are acquired using Agilent InfiniiVision DSO-X-3024A oscilloscope. For this purpose, a VI was written, called Get N waveforms, where the user specifies the number of waveforms to be acquired, along with other oscilloscope and data storage settings. The waveforms are stored in .csv files named as t_temperature.csv (eg. t25.csv for 25 degree).

Now, what my current issues are:
(a) The way I input the temperature range is by building an array of temperatures which should then be fed into the PID desired temperature input. However, I cannot get this to work as the PID only recognises the first temperature in the array.

(b) Although this has worked perfectly fine before I implemented the PID (was controlling temperature with a loop, which did the trick but wasn't as efficient), the Get N waveforms does not seem to be triggered now.

I attach (hopefully) all necessary VIs along with screenshots from my block diagrams.

Any advice would be extremely helpful! Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,921 Views)