LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temp measurment from HP E1413 via Slot 0 Ethernet Controller

Hello,

As a novice user of Labview2011 im having trouble trying to gain access to an E1413 A/D card to read temperature data. The E1413 A/D card sits in a 4-slot VXI Mainframe with a EX2500 slot-0 ethernet controller connected to a PXI-8232 ENET card. Using the TCP vi's I am able to enter *IDN? and query the controller. Now, as I use the DAQ Assistant to acquire a temperature analog input, my device (E1413 a/d) does not show up under the Supported Physical Channel.

For now I would just simply like to access one channel to obtain temperature data. Is there anything I need to check hardware or software-wise to get a physical connection? I've tried searching for example programs which have used similar A/D cards through an ethernet controller but found non, any similar leads would be very helpful.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,967 Views)

Hello J842011,

This device may only be accessible through the TCP connection which means you would need to send it TCP(SCPI) commands. Since the E1413 is not a National instruments device, it will not show up through our DAQ driver. There should be a command set that comes in the cards user manual that will tell you what to send to it in order to get information from it.

Regards,

-Travis E

National Instruments
Product Marketer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,930 Views)