LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tektronix DPO Wait for Operation Complete.vi failure

I have a simple vi to configure and read a Tektronix DPO3012. Once in a while (once in 20 times approx) the Wait for Operation Complete. vi seems to be not able to correctly get the response from the scope and even if the signal is aquired and displayed in the scope, the vi just times out without reading the data. Maybe it`s a known problem, I would appreciate any help. I'm attaching the vi.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,511 Views)

@gslomo wrote:

I have a simple vi to configure and read a Tektronix DPO3012. Once in a while (once in 20 times approx) the Wait for Operation Complete. vi seems to be not able to correctly get the response from the scope and even if the signal is aquired and displayed in the scope, the vi just times out without reading the data. Maybe it`s a known problem, I would appreciate any help. I'm attaching the vi.

Thanks.

It could be that there is some command before the query that usually - but not always - completes before you send the query command.  If you try to send a command before the previous command was processed, the equipment will either ignore it or return some sort of error.  Try turning the command right before into a query (and handle it appropriately) and see if the problem goes away.  You can turn almost any command into an OPC query - consult your manual to see specifically whether that command supports OPC.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,495 Views)