From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TekScope Screen Save Hardcopy to PC

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Supporters,
             I'm using 5k series Tekscope and trying to save hardcopy of Tekscope screen to PC. I ran the VI, where Tektronix posted their forum and it makes it to the visa read vi and then throws an error with code -1073807339. It looks to be a timeout error where nothing is being sent back. When I ran the VI scope is generating a capture png file by itself, but LabVIEW thrown timeout error.
            Even though I was tried many SCPI commands where I found in forum, but I couldn't achieve the result yet (Every commands gives me rapid timeout error).
            Is anybody have a solution for this?
            As shown below image codes are found it in Tektronix forum(It's not working);

2K, 3K, 4K series2K, 3K, 4K series

5K & Up series5K & Up series

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,839 Views)

I assume you have turned on tracing and observed your code execute. I will also assume that the error occurs at the VISA.READ command.

Have you read the manual for the hardcopy command? I would assume it would take some time to write to disk, so I would add a delay between the ":HARDCopy STARt;" cmd and the ":READFILE" cmd.

Also the default VISA timeout is 2 seconds, depending on how large of a file you are transferring, it might be running into that limit. Try adjusting the timeout. (VISA Pallet -> Advanced -> VISA Property)

image.png

---------------------------------------------
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
There are two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,814 Views)

You should really attach your code not post picture of code.  It makes it easier to get help.

In picture 1 the timeout is only 5000ms, why not set it to something much, much longer?  300,000ms?  Its a timeout (maximum wait time before instrument throws an error), so setting it to a very long time shouldn't slow things down.

In picture #2 there is no timeout set, so its likely 1000ms (1s), so why not implement the timeout from image #1 in image #2 and set it to a longer time and see if things work?

Craig

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,811 Views)

Here is my code! Rescue from timeout(Read VISA) error.

TekScope Save Hardcopy to PC.png

Message 4 of 5
(2,793 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SabariSaravanan.M

Damn! I found solution by myself, here is that.

TekScope Save Hardcopy to PC.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,774 Views)