LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tank indicator display changes in steps

Solved!
Go to solution

So, I have a numeric tank indicator that reflects the volume of fluid inside the syringe. 

The default indicator displays the value after every movement of the syringe (aspirate or dispense). 

I was wondering if I can modify the indicator so that it displays the change in smoother manner, let say in steps; just like the actual syringe movement. 

I would have different sizes of syringes, so it would be appreciated if the solution to the above question can also implement different flow rate. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,669 Views)

The tank indicator displays what you tell it to display.  If you want it to display a ramp of values, you'll need to generate those values in a loop and feed them into the tank indicator.  Use a Wait function to slow down or speed up the rate of change. 

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,644 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author janed0714

There is a Ramp Pattern VI that is useful for generating values between upper and lower bounds.  Ctrl+Space to search for it.

Example_VI_BD.png

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,641 Views)

This worked perfectly as the way I wanted. Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,624 Views)