From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tank Indicator to display the sum value

Hi

I have a case structure for a dual syringe pump that will let me choose one syringe and aspirate as much as I entered in the control. 

I also have a numeric tank indicator that displays the volume of fluid inside the designated side of the syringe. 

The problem with that is if I have aspirate different volumes multiple times, the tank does not reflect the total volume that has been aspirated, but only takes the last value of aspiration. 

I have a feeling that I will have to include the tank indicator inside some kind of loop, but I am not too sure which one. 

The picture only shows the case structure of two syringes without tank indicator. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,596 Views)

I assume you have a while loop that is looping thru your application.  You'll want to create a shift register on the while loop that keeps track of the volume of liquid in each side.  As you add/remove liquid, update the value in the shift register so that during the next iteration of the loop, you are working with current fluid levels.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,581 Views)

You also should look at the event structure to handle when an action should occur.  I made an example here for adding liquid to the syringes.  When the button is clicked, both syringes are filled by the amount specified.  If button is clicked again, the amount of liquid added is doubled (so you can see how to use shift registers to store syringe volumes).  The values are initialized in the upper left at 0. 

syringe_BD.png

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,570 Views)